There are certain things that need to happen before buying or selling a house;
- Seller must provide an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- If using an estate agent, offers must be made through them
- Once an offer has been accepted it is the seller’s responsibility to draw up a legal contract to transfer ownership
- An offer is not legally binding until contracts are exchanged
- Depending on the amount given, the buyer may have to pay stamp duty land tax (if more than £125,000)
Beacon Wealth Legal aim to maintain constant communication with clients throughout the buying and selling process. If you are thinking/in the process of buying or selling your home please do not hesitate to contact us.